Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lasts and Firsts

First blog post ever!  How crazy is this?  So, in a weeks time I will be attending my REACH orientation.  I am very, very excited for this!  I can't wait to meet all the other REACHers and begin this crazy journey.  But with this excitement comes some sadness.  I have realized these past few days that I am seriously awful at goodbyes.  I love spontaneous events and crazy adventures, but I don't like not being able to take my friends with me on all these adventures...I guess.  Its silly, and I know in the end it really isn't that bad.  But at this point and time, I am not looking forward to the dreaded goodbyes.  The "lasts" in life make me sad.  I love the "firsts", and I am so ready to enjoy some firsts with my new friends.  But the lasts are hurting me at this point.  Memories I will take with me and cherish on this journey, tho.   

I guess I just want to say thanks so much to all of my family and friends out there that have impacted me throughout my life.  Its what makes saying goodbye so hard.  You have all enriched my life greatly and I am so thankful for all of you!  If you are reading this and you want to hangout in the next week, I will do my very best to make it work :]  Also, to the four people who are actually reading this (my parents, grandma, and Rachel Miller :] ), I will bring you back something really great from Chile!

More posts to follow as I prepare for REACH and of course during.  God bless.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! And i'm the first commenter. how honored i am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, and i set up a blog account just so i could comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks rach :] youre my hero

    ReplyDelete