Saturday, September 24, 2011

Freedom

One of the truest songs out there.  It's by Run Kid Run, and it just talks about finding freedom in Christ really.  Getting rid of the junk and clinging to Him.  I highly recommend it. 

Wow.  I have just realized how different my life has become.  I went out to dinner with my pastor and his wife......my awesome aunt and uncle :]......and I was just struck with how drastically differnet its become.  I no longer think about my cell phone......at all.  I realize that I don't even really think about movies or shopping or anything.  It's just so different.

Also, the past three days have really hit home for me.  From Saturday night to Sunday night, we participated in a 24 hour prayer vigil and a Daniel fast.  It was something I have never done before, and I really, really enjoyed it.  Basically, we signed up for 3 1-hour slots to pray throughout the day, and then for 1 hour to read the Bible (we read through Psalms, Proverbs and the whole New Testament).  It was so cool.  I had a prayer time at 5:30, and it was just awesome to feel God even when the world was quiet and still asleep.  Then, for the Sunday night worship, we just really talked about seeking God and just running towards the cross. 

This week has just been amazing.  The sessions were really, really great.  All about God's love and transformation in our lives.  I finally understand how to get to the next level.  Its hard to explain what all went on in the past week, but just trust me when I say it was amazing :]  On Thursday and Friday, we had what we call ministry days.  Basically, we just got out a lot of junk in our lives.  Whether it was confessing hurts in our lives and forgiving or just confessing sin in our own lives, it was so, SO freeing.  FREEDOM IS FOUND IN HIM!  Ahhh.  It was just really good for my heart. 

Now for some more big news.......NEXT WEEK I CAN GO HOME!.....for a whole day!  haha.  I'm so excited to see my family and friends!  Dont get me wrong.  I love it here.  But I cant wait to see people again!  :]  It's gonna be a good time. 

I really appreciate the prayers.  I can honestly say I feel them.  So much support and love.  You guys are the best.  I miss you all and cant wait to see you!  Have a spectacular week everyone :]

No comments:

Post a Comment